Sunday, March 17, 2013

Busy Weekend

Saturday morning I went down to the high school's track and ran 8 200's. I'm going to try and do one hard running workout a week and if I can keep up I'll just steal them from Brandon's training. I was aiming for 2 minutes rest between each but messed the watch up between repeats 5 and 6 so that rest period was off. Warmed up for 3/4 mile and then attempted to run fast - 33,33,34,34,36,34,36,36. Soccer starts this week so hopefully I'll regain some quickness from that.

Saturday night I went to the Sounders game with the family. Working for a big company has some good perks, we had the Deloitte suite and more importantly a parking pass. Going any where with kids is rough. Having to pay through the nose to park or walk a mile with two kids is like choosing which testicle to get kicked in.

Sunday I headed to the mountain to work on the house. Before I let I check the conditions and decided to ride for a little while when I got to the pass. My legs were tired from running yesterday so only took 5 quick runs and then headed to the house to work. I'm getting close to the point of working on the plumbing and electrical and need to figure out a few issues with that before I can finish some of the remaining framing on the first floor. So today I ripped out what was left of the entry room and utility closets that was in the way. Cut a few boards of insulation and measure/planned the rest of that. I didn't do a whole lot today but needed to get back home to watch the kids.

Main water supply. Is only a few inches from the concrete wall need to decide how to frame around it and still cover the foam because of fire codes.

Entry way used to have giant shelves under the window

Total hack job on the previous circuit panel to the upper right of the water heater. That foam board has a hole drilled through for the water heater expansion drain

Used to be a closet containing the circuit panel and water heater. Still deciding exactly the layout I want there.

To the right of the door is room for a washer and dryer. The original space was about 9 inches too shallow so we moved the wall back to allow them to completely fit. Now if we want to can add doors to hide them.

As if that wasn't enough for the day I decided I needed to get back on track for the workout goals. I took the dog out and ran 4.17 miles. We took it fairly easy and were right around 8 minute miles. After I cooled down from that I did 140 pushups 7x20 on the minute. Now I'm going to roll around in bed writhing in pain.


Pushups - 140 / 6640 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 500 YTD

Running - 5.92 / 37.66 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0 / 29.5 YTD
Run total - 69.16 YTD

1 comment:

  1. Haha why is your blog so much better than mine. Your energy level is nuts. I woke up this morning and did 85 straight pushups, kind of blew my mind. Then I did 60 post-shower so I'm off to a good start for the day.

    ReplyDelete