Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another day another high


I must actually be committed to this working out thing. Not only did I walk to the gym in the rain during lunch but I actually gave them money this time. I prepaid for 6 months to get them to cut the initiation fee in half. Unfortunately I killed a half box of Thin Mints before going to the gym. At the gym I did 2x15 pull ups then a half hour on the elliptical then one more set of pull ups before running outside to catch my ride to grab a bite at Dot's Deli in Fremont. At the office I got sucked into doing pushups with the group of people at work. I did a set of 65 then 35 after a little rest. My guess is I'm close to not being invited back. 

I worked on the Workout app during the drive home and have it now dealing and printing out cards along with starting and stopping the time. Next step is to work on mapping suits to exercises and card values to an exercise count. I'm not sure how I want to display the selection screen right now so that is slowing me down a bit.

Since I already started doing pushups today I decided to do more at night and give my chest and triceps a break tomorrow. I did sets of 45,35,25HR at 7pm and 9pm. The HR is hand release and is apparently all the rage with in CrossFit. I like adding in the variety and can tell they force you to really engage and disengage your muscles. I'm sure I'll never sack out the money to pay for crossfit but think the idea is great. It really reminds me of Illahee. I doubt you can find a cooler junior high workout program than what we had.

Pushups - 300 / 5550 YTD
Pull ups - 45 / 430 YTD

Running - 0 / 27.64 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -2.85 / 23.35 YTD
Run total - 52.99 YTD

2 comments:

  1. Is hand release a clapping pushup? Ryan did 450 randomly throughout the day then did a ripdeck session with a 2x multiplier for 416 and then did 134 before bed to round it out. Kinda ridic.
    I think Urijah and Dawson are really going to benefit from you Illahee experience. I bet Urijah is going to be doing sets of 50 by the time kindergarten starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up hand release ones online before doing them. At the bottom of the push up you quickly rest on your chest and lift your palms off the floor. Its a cool tweak that you can feel the difference in.

    ReplyDelete