Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quitting


April first seems like a good day to quit. At least my body decided that it was going to play an april fool's day prank on me. Monday I needed to go to the house to meet a contractor who was installing new duct work. I took the day off from my real job for more manual labor. I did some pushups in the morning and then a few more sets at night to hit 175. The contractor was able to start work the next day which meant more time away from the office. I don't really want to just leave them working on the house because I want to make sure things are done the way I want them. Tuesday went great he got most the job done and then I took Cosmo for a run. 

It was at this point that my body decided it had enough. I had a hard time sleeping that night and it hurt to take real deep breaths during the middle of the night. Wednesday I woke up and still hurt to breath deeply and felt drained almost flu-like. Having been years since going to the doctor I decided I might as well go. He gave me a prescription if it turns into the flu or other viral symptoms increase. At this point the breathing is better but I have a cough and headache. The consolation prize from the doctor office was a referral for a colonoscopy. I knew I was about due which was another reason I figured I might as well do in. 

After the doctor I went to the house but didn't have energy to do much. The contractor messed up his supply order and was going to have to make a run for supplies or come back the next day. I had him keep working and drove to pickup the parts so he could finish that day.

My shoulder was been really hurting this week as well. Between the pushups and working on the house it needed a break. I think I'm going to take another day off tomorrow and then startup again on saturday.

Pushups - 175 / 8675 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 588 YTD

Running - 3 / 52.14 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0 / 36 YTD
Run total - 90.14 YTD

Here are some pics from the house


Finished framing bedroom wall now that I know the size of the bulkhead for the vent

Moved the water heater out and framed the wall behind it and around the water main shutoff valve

Same

Whenever my garbage pile is low I find more stuff to throw away. He replace a lot more of the existing duct that I anticipated

Ducts for the bathrooms (left is going down, the right is the bathroom above)

Wish I had a picture of the before for here. The new vents are WAY better and will have a much smaller bulk head head. We also removed an air return that was hanging down really low here.

Branch lines for the two bathrooms

Branch lines coming off the truck

Old bulk head framing in the bedroom. Going to be able to move it over 6 inches or so because I had him adjust the connection to the truck

Different angle

Where the above pictures connect to the truck. And an oval line used for the other downstairs bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your pics are all old man shit and I'm still tearing up steaks at tailgates. Crazy how different two best friends's lives can be.

    Sucks to hear about the health issues. I'm just waiting to start getting stomach pains and get diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer. I just can't keep doing weekends like this, something's gotta give.

    ReplyDelete