Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dragging along


I think this has been my biggest hiatus from writing. Its been a little crazy lately. Saturday I was really sore from doing the RipDeck the night before. I only managed 2x25 on pushups but did take the dog for 3.56 miles. We went and ran down on the trail by the river and there happened to be a 5k going on. Not sure the exact timing but we started before the race and were running in the same direction. Their course was a simple out and back and when I hit the turn around point some guy wasn't sure if we were in (leading) the race. Because my route is 1.8 our we ran another 1/4 mile or so before turning around. By the time we got back to their turnaround quite a few people had made it there. The timing was funny because we were passing people the entire way back in. Cosmo was loving it, we were picking people off left and right because we were probably middle to back of the pack.

Sunday I iced my shins off and on the entire day. Speeding up to pass all the people in the race did some damage to my shins. I'm really not sure if I have shin splints of a stress fracture. The dr didn't think it was a stress fracture but it is scary to think about your leg snapping. I was still so from RipDeck but managed sets of 40,40,40,30 throughout the day. Tasha's family had called and her grandma in Montana was in the hospital and was in really bad shape. Things were going up and down and they thought she was getting better but we got a call at 5am Monday that she took a turn for the worse. A couple hours later we were on the road with a caravan of 6 adults, 4 kids, and a dog. Tasha is really unusual in the fact that she still has all 4 grandparents alive. Foreshadow alert. We left Tuesday around noon and the doctor hit her with the paddles to kickstart her heart in hopes that her body could focus more on her lungs instead of her. They said they should know a lot more after 48 hours pass. Monday I did 30,20 before bed. 

We made it back to our house on Tuesday just in time for me to make it to Seattle and make my soccer game. After the first half I was thinking I should have skipped it. I was horrible. Had a defensive mixed up that led to a goal. Probably the most responsible I've felt for one. The 2nd half was much better at least.

Wednesday I did a few sets of pushups 50,50,50,25 and went for a run with the entire family. We all did 2 miles together at a pace that can barely be considered running but man that double stroller is so heavy. It isn't even a jogging stroller just a plain ass bulky stroller. Which means you need to be careful turning not to topple over and then starting from a near stop is grueling. I did a little more than a mile more with the dog but we ran into Jamie and his girlfriend who were out walking and stopped to chat with them for a while in the middle.

Saturday 50, Sunday 150, Monday 50, Wednesday 175


Pushups - Sat 50, Sun 150, Mon 50, Wed 175 / 11413 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 723 YTD

Running - Sat 3.56, Wed 3.16 / 79.78 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0 / 38.5 YTD
Run total - 120.28 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment