Friday, April 19, 2013

Pain

The busy week might have been a little too much. My shins have been acting up the last couple days.
Tuesday we had soccer, got owned again. We are way out of our league. These guys had Jerseys with the Olde 99 pub logo, which is Gabe's bar at the old K&K location. Made me crave some wings.
Wednesday I did just enough pushups to keep pace, and went for a run at night. I decided to go shorter and run a little harder because I have been going slow lately. I did one of my usual loops and my watch had some satellite issues. I ran past where the half mile alert goes off and nothing happened. 30 seconds later it goes off. I'm glad it was a route I know otherwise I would have thought I was running hard but going super slow.
Today I hit the gym at lunch and did 15 pull ups, 25 pushups, 10 pull ups, 25 pushups. Then did the elliptical for 30 minutes which came out to 2.5 miles. I did 2:30 easy and then 0:30 sprints. Sprinting on there is awkward but was a good workout. My heart rate hit 177 on the last interval. I had that thing rocking from going so fast and was waiting for it to explode. Made for a much more enjoyable elliptical session. I did a few more sets of pushups (3pm 50, 4pm 25-25) and ended the night doing a RipDeck session. It basically killed me. I have zero strength in my abs. I did it next to a couch so I could hold me feet down this time. Total time 15:41 - Sit ups 10:01, Pushups 5:40. The time was slower than before but I was doing full sit ups all the way through even though I was cheating pulling myself up as I got tired.


Pushups - Wednesday 130, Thursday 358 / 10988 YTD
Pull ups - 25 / 723 YTD

Running - Wednesday 2.37 / 73.06 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - Thursday 2.5 / 38.5 YTD
Run total - 113.56 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment