Thursday, April 25, 2013

New approach

I did a set of 40 in the morning when I got to work and went to the gym during lunch. I started with 20 pushups on the minute and last only a sorry 7 minutes. Then jumped on the elliptical for 2.5 miles. After that did pull up sets of 8 on the minute and only lasted 4 sets. Did one more set of 40 pushups and called it quits.

I was talking to a couple guys at work after the gym and am starting to think I need to start doing full on lifting days and full cardio days instead of mixing and matching. I'm feeling like the workout from lunch isn't going to get the best gains. Burning calories and losing weight is great, and that workout accomplishes that. But it isn't going to help me get much stronger or gain any endurance.

Figuring this is my strength day I decided to do RipDeck at night time was even slower but considering I worked out pretty good earlier I knew it would be rough. Total 16:44 - Sit ups 8:54 Pushups 7:49. My abs hurt on the very first sit up and I had to take some breaks during the pushup sets towards the end. Its a great workout and should give better results then randoms sets just to satisfy a quota.


Pushups - 428 / 11841 YTD
Pull ups - 32 / 755 YTD

Running - 0 / 79.78 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 2.5 / 41 YTD
Run total - 122.78 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment