Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon

With all of the recent news surrounding North Korea I've been having a feeling that the US was due to have something tragic happen domestically. 12 years have passed since September 11th, before that it was the Olympic bombing in Atlanta in '96 and the Federal Building in Oklahoma in '95. Can't like that I had to look up the date of OKC and didn't remember the magnitude of it. I guess that's the bad part of getting old is you comprehend the devastation. I wonder if our generation will have our 'Walking on the Moon' event or if we are destined only for disasters. Tasha had it on the TV while I was at work and Urijah was asking if those people were ok. Worst part about kids is worrying about the world they will be left with. Seeing the video of people rushing in to help the injured today at least gives hope. Someone posted something on FB about the good will always outnumber the bad. The problem isn't people outnumbered, the problem is that so few people can make such a large impact. Maybe the best way to think of these people is consider them to be natural disasters that are bound to happen every so often. They can't all be prevented but they bring communities together to mourn, rally, and make everyone stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Really makes me want to run as many marathons as I can. The more I run, the less impact these assholes have.

    ReplyDelete