Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Where's Dave

Up to this point I've done a decent job of making progress even if I wasn't writing daily. This break was different. As each day went by where I didn't do anything I was becoming less motivated to write daily updates. After the race and playing soccer last week my shins have been really hurting. I haven't run for a week now. They are starting to feel better but even working on the cabin causes them to flare up. All this adds up a to a week with a whopping 1 mile run, that was my warmup before soccer last week. I'm glad we have the week off and then only one more game left this season. 

I haven't done a whole lot better for pushups in that time either. I did 40 on Wednesday, Saturday, and Monday to total a pathetic 120 for the last 7 days. I managed to right the ship today and knocked out 600. 40 before leaving for work, 40 after getting to work, 300 at the gym  (9 sets of 34 or 33), 50 before leaving work, 30 w/Urijah on my back after getting home, 40 an hour later, and finished with 4x25 while writing this. I did 3 sets of 10 pull ups at the gym and some other bicep stuff.

What I lacked in working out I made up for in manual labor. I worked on the cabin 3 days straight starting Friday. Which was one of the main reasons there was no running or pushup'ing. Sticking with this challenge is important but I feel good about having a handle on working out and working on the cabin is going to take priority during the summer. It is going to be a race again the calendar to get enough done to make it usable before the snow starts coming. I made really good progress on the electrical work and had an electrician out on Saturday to help and Tasha's Dad helped out on Sunday. The stress level is still pretty high but it feels good to be turning the corner and having things cleaned up and seeing things come together. This weekend a guy I know from high school is going to come up and lay some pipe. Not sure how much too expect to get done but the first time he went up we made quick work of the supply lines. 


Pushups - 40,40,40,600 (720) / 16885 YTD
Pull ups - 30 / 1006 YTD

Running - 1 / 121.59 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0 / 41 YTD
Run total - 164.59 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment