Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Missing Link

Made it out to lunch today with Davis and Mike Gonzalez. I can't remember the last time I've seen Mike. He switched jobs at the bank and said he should be a lot more flexible and be able to do lunch more often. I don't have much room to talk because I have barely seen any of our friends lately but Mike has been a hard guy to connect with the last few years. It was good to see him and not much has changed because our conversation ended up involving lots of talk about working out. Mike might be the person I spent the most hours at the gym with during college. Freshmen year I worked out with Denny and Tyler from FW a lot. Sophomore year I lived at home Fall and Winter and was running quite a bit and can't remember who or if I lifted that consistently. But after that it was a revolving group of Mike, Jimmy, Gough, and a few others. Hard to believe that it has been over 10 years since then. No wonder I'm having a hard time remembering many details. I'll never forget driving down in Jimmy's car and if you didn't have enough u-pass cards to park for free having someone get out and lift the gate arm just high enough to drive under.

Yesterday I managed 2 sets of 50 pushups one in the morning and one in the afternoon. My chest is pretty sore from Monday's 600. I did a short run to the restaurant and then had Davis drive me back to the office.

Pushups - 100 / 16985 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 1006 YTD

Running - 2.75 / 124.34 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0 / 41 YTD
Run total - 167.34 YTD

1 comment:

  1. Those were the good old days. Wish I had you guys around to motivate me. I feel so lazy and havent been able to get into the workout swing since college...

    ReplyDelete