Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Slippin'

Geez I thought I was getting into the groove and then I fell of the wagon.

12 days to try and recap. I was working on the cabin the first 3 days and didn't do any other exercise. Sunday I went up with Josh who is doing the plumbing. We weren't up there too long because he needs to get a part from work to connect to the main drain that is in the concrete. But he was able to chip away enough concrete so that connecting in should be straight forward next time we go up. I also rented a heavy duty rotohammer that I used to drill a 4" diameter hole in the concrete wall for the dryer went. Doing that took so much effort. The wall is 8" thick and probably took at least a good 45 minutes to drill because of needing to take so many breaks. He hooked up the new water main valve and pressure relief valve too. Friday and Saturday up there I remember ripping out the garage electrical, cutting up the old oil drum and doing some other electrical work.

Since we got done early Sunday I was able to make it to my soccer game and have my brother come play as a sub. Beginners luck for him as he put a ball off the post in the first minute and then ended up scoring in the second half. We got beat because the other team had a striker that scored on 3 breakaways.

Nothing special happened the next few days but I did manage to try to pick up some slack on the pushups. Getting 705 in Mon-Wed. Thursday I lost some pushup momentum because I took the afternoon off work and went to the cabin. I put up some foam insulation, did some framing in the downstairs bathroom, a little electrical, and then started tearing out the chimney.

Friday - I made it out for a run for the first time in over a week and did a 1/4 marathon during lunch. We finally had one of those date nights I promised. Tasha picked me up from work and we had a fun night planned to celebrate her birthday. First we went to new place by my work https://www.urbanfloat.com/. I thought it was pretty cool it takes a little while to let yourself completely relax but once I hit that point it was easy to totally zone out. After that we headed downtown. My work happened to have an event planned at the space needed and chiluly glass museum. Tasha had never been up the space needle and I can't remember if/when I have. We did that and then did dinner before looping back for the museum. For dinner we went to a Brazilian steakhouse. All you can eat meat brought to your table on a fat skewer. Can't think of much better than that. After I ate until I wanted to barf we walked back for the museum. The museum was extremely impressive and I'm thankful my company sponsored that because I wouldn't have thought to do it on my own.


Saturday was Tasha's actual birthday so her family came over to bbq. Her grandpa helped me look at our upstairs bath faucet that has dripped for quite a while now. We were able to change the cartridge in the faucet but that didn't fix that problem. Meaning our only solution is to replace the whole faucet which would mean cutting a hole in the wall through Dawson's room. We'll see if we decide to do that or just let it drip.

Sunday headed back to the house and spent 7 hours ripping out the rest of the chimney. It was the dirtiest I have been leaving the house. I got home and had to hose myself off before even taking a shower.

Monday I was glad to be back working on a computer after the chimney adventure. I went for 4 mile run at lunch. I added some intervals to the workout and did 1/2 easy and then a 1/4 mile around 6:00 pace with the exception of the end when I did a full 1/2 hard.

That brings us to today. Went back to construction mode. Cleaned up the remaining pile of bricks, installed a bathroom fan, finished the downstairs bathroom electrical, furred one of the bedroom walls on the top floor, finished the electrical in that bedroom by relocating the heater, installing recess lights.

Now time for the totals
Monday 2x30 6am 30 8:30am, 7:30pm 30,30, 30, 30, 30 -- 240
Tuesday 2x30 6am, 9:30pm 45, 45, 50 -- 200
Wednesday 6am 50 8:30am 25, 10am 25, 11am 75, 3:30pm 65, 25 -- 265
Thursday 7am40, 12pm 40 -- 80
Friday 30w/urijah 6am Run 6.55 -- 30
Sunday 4x30 -- 120
Monday 40,35 6am, Run 4.0, 25x2 -- 125
Tuesday 7x30 -- 210

Pushups - 240, 200, 265, 80, 30, 0, 120, 125, 210 / 23788 YTD
Pull ups -   0 / 1201 YTD

Running - 6.55, 4 / 193.22 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  0 / 46 YTD

Run total - 240.92 YTD

1 comment: