Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Signs you are growing up

Other than being constantly sore from working out I think the biggest sign I'm getting older is that I am starting to care what my backyard looks like. So when the new lawnmower blade came in the mail today it was like getting a new toy that I was excited to try out. Between the new blade and cleaning out the bottom of the mower that thing is putting in work now.

I didn't have to go into work until 10 this morning so I went for a 6.5 mile run when I woke up. Running first thing in the morning takes a while to warmup but I was glad to get in so many miles. A minute slower per mile than Sound to Narrows and it still seems hard but I guess that isn't going to change. That makes the 10 miler I did last September randomly at 7:50 pace seem pretty damn good looking back. I can't imagine I was fast last year but maybe by the end of summer I was in better shape than right now. Hopefully I can try to do at least one of the same races next year to be able to compare year to year.

I did 3 sets to hit 100 for pushups tonight and hope to celebrate the 4th of July with a bang in the pushup numbers.

Pushups - 100 / 20750 YTD
Pull ups -   0 / 1188 YTD

Running - 6.5 / 163.01 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  2 / 46 YTD

Run total - 211.01 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment