Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Full Time Dad

Monday 8th - Not much worth writing about. Did 90 pushups in the morning another 210 at the gym and 50 at night. At the gym I did a little bit of heavier chest lifting after finishing my pushups. I can't wait to finish this pushup challenge so I can do some conventional lifting.

Tuesday 9th - Tasha had surgery to repair a deviated septum, remove a cyst, and open her sinuses. Pretty much the kitchen sink of surgeries. Everything went well and the doctor thinks this should eliminate a lot of her recent problems. She is going to be out of commission for a while and that has put me on kid duty. I was able to do an easy job in the morning before we left for the doctor's. This time I wasn't so lucky and had to pop a squat in the bushes. Oh well, shit happens. Literally.

Tuesday 9th-Wednesday 10th - Since Tasha has always breast fed the extent to my late night duties has been to occasionally change a diaper or fetch the baby from the crip. Well this was my first taste of full responsibility. If any parent wants a reason to breast feed, it is having to warmup a bottle at 11pm and 4am while a baby is crying on full blast. Dawson did ok after the first bottle when I almost had to force it down his throat because he didn't know what the heck was going on.

Wednesday 10th - After the 4am feeding Dawson went back to sleep until 7am. Since then it has been non-stop. I took the boys to the 'medium' park around 9:30 in the morning. Urijah wondered why there were no kids there. Maybe because everyone else is sleeping. We made it home for a little while and by noon we were at the 'big' park. Baby Bjorns are amazing. I did 13 pull ups with Dawson on my chest. 5 one set and 8 the second. The afternoon was a little more difficult. Dawson began getting cranky, Tasha is guessing it is because his teeth are hurting. He is in bed now which means I need to run and take a shower so I can get a little sleep before he wakes up. I did Rip Deck in 13:00 5:00 pushups 8:00 sit ups. And that is with still cheating the situps using my arms some. I wanted to do more push ups but I also want some sleep.



Pushups - Monday 350, Wednesday 208 / 21833 YTD
Pull ups -   13 / 1201 YTD

Running - Tuesday 2.75 / 170.76 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  0 / 46 YTD

Run total - 218.76 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment