Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Portlandia

Friday night headed out to Portland for a joint bachelor party for Ramil and Jamie. How can two guys that have known each other since elementary school wait 25 years and then get married within one week of another? Beau and I drove down together, we hit some gnarly traffic getting from Tacoma to Olympia but 4 hours in a car with one of your besties ain't a bad way to spend a few hours. Jamie and a few others took the train down and had a bit of a head start on their drinking. I didn't even notice that he was that drunk until we couldn't get into the first bar because he was too wobbly. At the next bar I handed him his ID and cover money RIGHT before we stepped up to the bouncer. He then proceded to  drop it right in front of the bouncer. So off to bar #3 we went. This place was super chill and I don't think they sweat him at all. Drank some beers played some pool then headed to the obligatory strip joint. Nothing made me appreciate my two sons more than watching girls crawl on floor naked for some one dollar bills. It was a pretty calm group of dudes and everybody stayed out of trouble. Beau and I only stayed for one day and took off early in the morning. I then spent Saturday sleeping because 1) Tasha was staying at her parents 2) I felt like crap. When you only drink until closing time once a year, you can expect a pretty good head ache the next day.

Sunday I went to work on the cabin and did some electrical work and then took another load of trash to the dump. I had to spend a bunch of time cutting up the old oil heating drum. I might be able to get the rest of the garbage in one more truck load.

Monday Tasha and I met after work and went down to the beach at Redondo and sat in the sand and soaked up some sun. It was really good to sit and relax just the two of us and talk. Between 2 kids and the 2 houses we haven't spent much one on one time together. We decided we are going to make an effort to do more stuff just the 2 of us so expect some blog entries filled with wild dates as we pretend to be young again in the near future

Pushups - Friday 140, Monday 215, Tuesday 180 / 22368 YTD
Pull ups -   0 / 1201 YTD

Running - Sunday 3.61 / 178.67 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  0 / 46 YTD

Run total - 226.37 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment