Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Birthday America

Finished the week with 1275 pushups, 13.5 miles, 2 days of working on the mountain house, and 2 projects at our house. My hamstring started feeling really tight and my body is trying to throw in the towel today.

Thursday 4th of July - After looking back wanting to compare year or year I decided to try to run 2 miles hard around my neighborhood to see how the time compared with last year. It wasn't the same route so it isn't apples to apples but 13:06ish was around 20 seconds faster than the quickest time I had from last year. Considering I haven't done any running on the track in a long time I can't be too upset there. I have been wanting to do a half marathon but not until I feel good enough. Maybe setting a trigger of doing 2 miles in 12 minutes as my mark before signing up will give me incentive to do some speed work. Ok I convinced myself one 2 mile time trial each 6 weeks until I get there. Back to 4th of July after the running detour. We took the kids down to a big 4th of July festival at a park in Auburn for the afternoon and let Urijah play on all the bouncy house toys. Then came home and went to our neighborhood block party for the night. Is 3 too young to let kids have sparklers? We made sure to be right with him but after a few beers the thought was you might get burnt a little but a sparkler isn't going to blow off a finger at least.

Friday 5th - Woke up and headed to the mountain. Wasn't as productive as I wanted but was going to be heading up the next day so I cut it short and headed back home. Tasha was headed out for a playdate so I decided to try and surprise her and finish the walkway path in our backyard that I have been procrastinating on. Picked up a half yard of sand, 90 sqft of the rubber tiles we were using, and grabbed some lumber for the mountain house and headed home to get to work. Big Tad came over to help and then Tammy rode up with Tasha and did a little stall job and we were able to finish up just before they got home. Score one for me.

Saturday 6th - My parents hadn't been to the house and they offered to spend the day with me helping and keeping me company. For being in their 60's they still are really active. I was giving my mom some odd jobs cleaning and removing light duty stuff and then was going to have her stripping the sheathing of the electrical wires. That might have been a bad idea because she accidentally clipped 2 wires completely off. After a little worry I think we found ways to work around it but after that she was relegated to bagging busted chimney and sorting bricks. Felt bad she was outside on her own while Dave and I were inside framing up the laundry area and replacing the wall the plumbing manifold was hanging on. Did a little bit of wiring after that and then loaded a bunch of garbage for the dump. I can't wait for the day when I am finally done having to take debris to the dump. That will be a huge landmark.

Sunday 7th - My brother's family just finished the drive from St Louis and we all hung out at my parent's place and bbq'd for the day. Urijah loved playing with his cousins and Ryan and Reece seemed really happy to play with him too.


Pushups - Thursday 300, Saturday 100, Sunday 125 / 21275 YTD
Pull ups -   0 / 1188 YTD

Running - Thursday 2, Sunday 3 / 168.01 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  0 / 46 YTD

Run total - 216.01 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment