Monday, June 24, 2013

Must break funk

Another week long slump. Maybe today is the day I turn it around.

Weekly recap

Tuesday - Soccer, Tasha brought the kids to the park during the game and they hung in the car the first half hour because they both were asleep. Then Urijah played on the big toy the rest of the game. My legs felt like crap. It is taking me a while to bounce back from working on the house on the weekends right now.

Wednesday - Went to see Fall Out Boy with Marcus at the Showbox Sodo. I'm so sheltered. This was the first concert I've been to see there. We had a good time rocking out. I knew something was up when he asked me to go and there were a couple other times he's tried to do stuff recently but didn't have it work out. So it wasn't a big surprise but our man date was so he could ask me to be in his wedding. It will be nice to take a vacation out to NY for the wedding. At this point I think we are going to leave the kids behind which will be their first overnight away from Mom. Not sure who that's going to be harder on.

Thursday - My Mom and her friend Miko from Hawaii came and hung out after work and I watched the kids and chatted with Miko while Tasha did my Mom's hair. Miko is one of the coolest ladies I know. Typical Hawaiian attitude just ultra chill. Her husband used to work with my Dad at Northwest when I was a baby. They lived right next to us for a few years before moving to Hawaii. She still gets her flight benefits so she drops in once or twice a year. Last time she came was before Christmas to pick up a gift for her grandchild that couldn't be shipped to Hawaii so she shipped it to my parents house and flew to pick it up. Genius plan except no one foresaw the package being stolen from my parents front porch. Workout consisted of one set of 75 pushups

Friday - Took the day off work to prepare for the electrician coming to the house on Saturday. Now that I have the power turned off at the house I need to run everything off a generator. I didn't bring a gas can so I only had power for a few hours and got enough of the wall up that was needed to hang the new electrical panel on. Made it home and then we went to Seattle to eat dinner with Dustin and Nicole. Went to the Icon Grill where I'd never been before and thought it was pretty good. Cool fact - Tasha was an extra in a scene from Life of Something Like it (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0282687/). Pretty funny that she didn't remember that is where it was filmed until I told her.

Saturday - Woke up crack of dawn to head to the cabin. Stopped at HomeDepot to buy all the breakers for the panel and rent a rotohammer to drill through the concrete wall. This is when things started going down hill. HD took way longer than I expected. Get to the top of the pass and it is closed for rock blasting. Traffic is backed up like crazy but was able to make it to the first pass exit and drive down the shoulder on the left hand side of the road to get around the traffic waiting to get on the freeway and make it to the house. Drill a 2" hole through the concrete wall before the electrician realizes the current service wire is only sized for 100amp service. For 200 amp we need the pipe to be bigger. Which means we might have to completely replace the service wires and weather head. I had Tasha go to HD to rent a 3" drill bit to support the bigger pipe. We ended up getting most of the panel done and just now need to figure out the service issues. Needless to say I am learning a lot.

Highlight of the day was sitting on the couch in the evening and Urijah runs down stairs completely naked with a $10 bill yelling about the ice cream man driving by. We frantically put some underwear on him and he goes darting down the street after the truck. He was running so fast super excited and yelling which way he saw him go. "No not that turn (pointing left), that turn (pointing ahead)". Pure joy and it made my day.

Sunday - Finally a day to sit and relax. Dawson started crawling for the first time. Which means it will probably be the last day to sit and relax for quite a while.

Monday - I decided instead of throwing in the towel on these pull ups that I need to get back into the groove. I did 200 (40,40,20,34,33,33) before I left for work another 100 (34,33,33) when I got to work, 250 at the gym with 2 miles of elliptical (34,33,33, 1 mile, 34,33,33, 1 mile, 25, 25), 75 at 3pm (50,25) and 50 more at home in the evening (25,25). I also went for an easy 2 mile run with Cosmo.

Pushups -  Thursday 75, Monday-675 / 18995 YTD
Pull ups -   / 1188 YTD

Running -  2 / 145.04 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  2 / 44 YTD

Run total - 191.04 YTD

No comments:

Post a Comment