Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bad habits

Starting to form some really bad habits about not blogging and not working out. I'm so busy and so soar that it has been rough the last few weeks. See if I can remember what happened the last 7 days

Monday - Made it to the gym during lunch. Did Pushups 6x30, 25,25,20 and Pull ups 3x10. I haven't had the amount of energy there that I would like because I'm so beat up from the weekends. After running the jackhammer all day on Sunday and the race on Saturday I was just happy I made it there. We did dinner with Tasha's parents and then hit the pool for the 2nd to last swim lesson.

Tuesday - Drawing a blank for what I did on Tuesday. Only thing I can think of was watching the US mens world cup qualifying game on TV. A little disappointed I didn't go watch in person. I guess when they come here next time, its only been 30 years since the last one. Doh! Now that the Sounders are here and Seattle is known for soccer fans I'm sure we'll get one soon.

Wednesday - Happy Birthday to Urijah! It was Urijah's 3rd birthday. I worked from home and then we went to Trampoline Nation before meeting both sets of grandparents for dinner. After dinner we went for the last swimming lesson. Dawson wasn't feeling good so he slept and watched from the sidelines. This was the first time the teacher brought out life jackets for the kids. Urijah thought it was awesome. He was able to float on his own and roll from his back to his stomach spinning in circles over and over.

Thursday - Really long work day. In total I put in around 12 hours. REI was doing usability testing the next day in the store so I wanted to take care of a bunch of things before they did that. It worked out good because then taking Friday off I only needed to use a half day of PTO. Workout pushups 9am 40, 10am 40, Gym 6x25 Pullups 5,5,6,6,7,7  Rest 3 minutes Repeat

Friday - Took the day off work and went to work on the mountain house. I ran wire for the last smoke detector, re-configured some of the upstairs light wiring, added outlets in the entry, washer machine and started the bathroom outlets. Moved the downstairs bathroom door over a few inches so the shower can be bigger.  We didn't do much at night just hung out at home.

Saturday - Work up at 6am and ran 6.6 miles to my parents house. I hadn't run since the race last weekend and needed to get some miles in. Unfortunately there isn't a good route to their house. You have to go down the giant hill leaving our house and up the other giant hill on the other side of the valley. It was a good run though. I like running one-way to places. It gives you a real sense of freedom that you can go anywhere and do anything. I ran there because I was going with her to look at the house my brother and his family are moving into next month. We had to do the walkthrough and point out any damage. This house is like 6 years old but is in amazing shape. The owner seems ADD over the top obsessed. He probably shouldn't be a landlord, hell I can't believe he is married. His poor wife must walk on eggshells. 

After that we had Urijah's birthday party at Family Fun Center in Tukwila. I was shocked to learn they had go-karts that 3 year old kids could drive, and that they let all the kids go at the same time. Urijah does pretty good at home driving his little ATV and cars but this was way more difficult. The track was a really tight oval. And if that wasn't bad enough they have obstacles to go around. Urijah cause a four car pile up when he didn't see the pile of buckets in his way. After the guy got him going again he couldn't make the tight turn and ended up running straight into a fence. At this point he had enough. He took his seatbelt off and got out of the go-kart. I'm yelling at him to get back in the car before someone runs him over. Luckily nobody was close and he made it to the gate safely.

Sunday - Happy Father's Day to me! I woke up early to go work on the house. Did some framing, needed to rebuild one wall in the bathroom upstairs to surround the main stack vent, finish a corner in the downstairs bathroom. Ran wire for the dryer, and last of the bathroom outlets and lights. Loaded up a ton of wood to take to the recycling plant. I was beat afterwards. I was there a little more than 8 hours and was exhausted. Got home and relaxed as much as possible with a 3 year old who loves to climb on top of me. 

Monday - Went to work. Did 50 pushups. Went to bed

Pushups -  Monday-250 Thursday-380 Monday-50/ 18245 YTD
Pull ups -  Monday-30 Thursday-72 / 1188 YTD

Running -  6.6 / 143.04 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical -  / 42 YTD

Run total - 187.04 YTD

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully we motivate each other and keep this ball rolling. I don't know how you do it though with the kids and the house project and everything. My shit is soooo easy comparatively. Keep up the good work, let's get back on track!

    ReplyDelete